20101102

Mondo Mondo Mondo!

So the time has come to do another wrap up on my favorite: Project Runway. It is late coming since the finale was last week, but it is a must! Of course, I was rooting for Mondo to win the whole thing. He is from Denver, and was actually one of the first people to inspire me to try to model here in the Denver area. I was excited that the final two standing were Gretchen and Mondo, since they were my two favorite designers in terms of clothing throughout the whole entire show. I would have loved to see April in the final three over Andy South, but at least she was still able to show a collection at Fashion Week! Here are some of my favorite pieces from each designer that showed a collection at Fashion Week:


MONDO:
Loved loved loved everything about his collection, from the hair accessories to the makeup, it was just a Wow for me! I would seriously wear everything from it, but I just love these shorts and the blouse with them. I would buy them both in a heartbeat!

Gretchen:
I wasn't as excited about Gretchen's final collection. I agree with the judges that it is very what is in fashion now and there are definitely items that would sell very well, which is why this is my favorite outfit simply for the silhouette she created with the cropped top and pants. It is cute!

Andy South:
Well, I do like the shade of green he used throughout his collection. And I also liked the influence behind it. I could see myself with these shorts!

April:
I loved April's clothing throughout the show. Yes maybe it was too black all of the time, but black is such a great color and she had a new view on how to use it. I love this jumpsuit she created, especially the ombre effect. And I like the headband too!

Michael Costello:
He definitely proved to be the underdog. Everyone only ever had bad things to say about him, but I really love how he kept his head up the whole entire time. Now, I am not a fan of the sparkle pants, but I love the chocolate brown fringe top, and I can imagine it as a full length  evening gown. I think it would be epic!

Michael Drummond:
For some reason I love this dress. It seems very Alexander Wang to me. I think it would be great as a longer maxi dress, perfect for the Fall/Winter with some boots. I would totally wear it.

Valerie:
I love how she used basically every color in the rainbow for her collection. I am intrigued by this blue romper number. Not sure I would actually where it, but I can somehow picture it someone like Lady Gaga, or even Beyonce, and it looks good.

Christopher Collins:
I like the color and idea behind this piece. I think it would be a great outfit for something like the interview competition at Miss USA if it was just slightly more fitted through the bottom. 

Casanova:
Definitely one of my favorite personalities on the show. I crack up when I think of his line, "I am making clothes for old ladys, sluts and flamenco dancers." I so wanted him to make it further along. He had great ideas in my opinion. Love this copper sparkly dress to pieces!

Ivy:
I love the simplicity of Ivy's clothes. Sometimes things just need to be basic, but beautiful, and I think Ivy does that perfectly. I could see her stuff selling against brands like Vince or James Perse. Its for the casual girl who still likes some uniqueness. This would be a perfect outfit for a trip to the beach.
pictures from Elle.com

I cannot wait for the next season of Project Runway!! I hope that more of my local designer friends can make it on the show. Or maybe I can just learn how to sew and make an appearance myself;)


-Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment